Thursday, February 10, 2011

WEEK #1 IS DONE!! WOOHOO!!!

:D
I was hoping to have some witty, acerbic, snarky comments about Kenpo X, but you know what? I LIKED IT! (I know, I know, the endorphins or something must have kicked in. Or someone spiked my protein powder.) Other than being an ass kicker, it kicked ass! I mean, yes, in parts I looked like a marionette being handled by an epileptic, but it felt really good to just kick and punch and breathe. I seriously need hard floors for balance and my knee was none too pleased with the X jumps (you basically just jump up in the air and make your body an X. Think standard diving board dismount when you were a kid), but all in all I was able to control my movements and not flail about, hurting my joints. Joints, which are about the only thing on me that does not currently hurt. I'm still sore from the first day and now I have one day of rest (or X Stretch) and then the whole cycle starts over and I do that for 2 more weeks. I have bitched and moaned and complained, but I got up and DID IT!  I wanted to do nothing but lay on the couch after the kids went to bed and watch tv or go to bed early, and before I started this program, I would have done just that, feeling all virtuous that I had at least worked out the days preceding. But, not only I have committed publicly to following through with this, I have committed to myself that I want to change my body and be in the best shape I can be in. I'm not going to make grand plans to run marathons or be a manic gym bunny, but I do plan to feel good and be healthy and set a good example for my kids, because that's what I want for them, too. I set my first goal the other day. At 45 days, the half way point, I am going to get a full fledged, no-holds-barred hair color and style and not a day before. As for my second goal- the 90 day will be up 11 days before my 32nd birthday and I will just have to think of something fantastic to do for that. :) Like, a two hour long massage on the beach or something. Anyways, that is Week One in the bag and I'm still standing (albeit with a LOT of groaning).

1 comment:

  1. Remember to take your measurements & pics!! Kenpo is a personal fav & many I know love it as well!!!

    ReplyDelete