Sunday, February 27, 2011

Core (it ought to be a) Syn...

Core Synergystics- keeping chiropractors in business since... well, whenever it was invented...
Actually, I enjoyed this work out for the most part, but just like any time I do one of the work outs for the first time, there is a lot of "you want me to do WHAT?!" involved. My core is the weakest part of my body after two c-sections and well, to be honest, minimal ab work (and lots of cheesecake) for a long time. Can't just blame it on the kiddos like I can with most everything else. ;) I can see how it will become one that I enjoy more than, say, anesthesia-less knee surgery. I appreciated the way Tony was constantly reminding you to think while doing the moves and keep your core muscles engaged. When I get tired I have a tendency to let that stuff lapse and that is how you wind up with a hurt back. Which, mine already hurts, so I was even more conscientious about it. I am going to my chiropractor tomorrow because I don't want it to get any worse, but I am afraid she is going to kick my ass for doing this program. And she can do it, too, because HER back doesn't hurt! :)
On a proud "me" note, I was able to do these push ups in the routine that there is NO WAY I would have been able to do even 2 weeks ago, so it was really awesome to go "Holy crap! I just did that!!" :) That is what keeps you coming back for more- that realization that your body changed and was able to do something it wasn't able to do before. It makes you anticipate the next change even more. So, two work outs into Week 4 (yesterday was Yoga X) and I'm feelin' good.

1 comment: