Sunday, February 13, 2011

Oh, I have not quit, fear not!!

Friday was my rest day, thank the good Lord! After work the kids and I packed up and went out to Lake Santa Fe to my sister's house to spend time with the family while Danny painted. Bishop and Audrey had a blast playing with their cousin Alex and we grown ups had a blast giving each other hell while playing Trivial Pursuit. I was up too late and drank a little too much wine, got not the greatest sleep with both kids attacking me, and got up too early, but I still kicked my nephew Brad out of his house next door, and started this first cycle of these work outs again- Chest and Back. Instead of using the pull up bar (which he has coming right out of the ceiling in his living room, btw), I felt that it would be more beneficial to me to use the bands for simulating the same movements. It worked a lot better and I was able to do more with good form, etc. Then, today was plyometrics again, (which, if I haven't told you lately, Plyo, I hate your f-ing GUTS,) and I was struggling a little more this time around than I was the first time, but, at that time, I was still young and naive and in (relative) control of my faculties. I think that my body is just going, "Hey, hey, hey! We thought this was a ONE TIME DEAL! You were supposed to crap out after the first week like you always do. What's up with this??!!" But, you know what body? It's for your own damn good. :D

On a non-fitness related note (alright, seriously, that was one too many "thank God!"'s people!), I would like to give a little, mushy shout out to my main squeeze/best friend/beat of my heart/beginning and end: thank you for working so hard this weekend and for every thing that you do and for every day you spend with me. I love you, Danny; all my heart.

I'm lacking a bit of my usual "joie de vivre". I'm feeling awfully maudlin tonight, beleaguered by the loss of lives I have seen around me lately, all hovering just on the outskirts of my own blessed life and those of the people I love, and each one has broken a piece of my heart. Each one has made me put aside my pride and love more openly. Each one has made every single second I have with my children all the more precious. Each one has chipped away at my ability to take things for granted. Let no kiss go un-smooched. Let no hug go un-squeezed.

Alright, that is it for me tonight. I hope to be back tomorrow, pithy and humorous and brimming with loath for Yoga X.

No comments:

Post a Comment