Sunday, February 20, 2011

Ick.

Well, the salmon I had for dinner was better going down than coming up, thanks to Plyometrics. I half-assed the last 20 minutes so it didn't happen again, but I still finished it. I'm on my third week now and still going strong. Yesterday was Chest and Back and, thanks to Danny, I got the bands set up so that the pull up sections were more challenging. I have increasing ability to do more reps on the push ups, but they are still being done on my knees. I can already see a difference around my collarbone and in my arms (though I am SUPER ready to see the difference in my mid section and thighs). Today was, as I mentioned, Plyometrics, which really sucked. I felt crummy all day- too little sleep, a pulled muscle in my neck, too freaking much pollen inhalation, sore muscles from last night's work out... So I didn't go into the workout with a great "gung ho" attitude. It was more like a "go eff yourself, Tony" attitude. On the plus side, however, I started it early while the kids were playing in their rooms. Eventually they were drawn to the sound of me arguing with someone and came out to investigate. Bishop jumped right in, literally, and started doing the moves right along with me. Audrey, the smart kid that she is, took one look at the screen and the peculiar shade of red my face had become and said, "I will watch." and plopped herself in a chair. Fortunately they had wandered back out of the room when dinner decided to make it's vengeful return. I say fortunately because they think me throwing up is the funniest thing in the world. It's not that they are mean or anything, but they think the noise is hilarious. It ranks right up there with watching me put on tights, which is the only other thing that I do that makes them noiseless with laughter. Anyways, Week 3 is under way and I'm still standing. Well, sitting, clutching my sides, and breathing like a steam engine, but you get the point....

No comments:

Post a Comment