Sunday, March 13, 2011

Inner Monologue

My inner monologue went like this tonight:

"I'm tired. I sooooo don't want to work out. Crap, where are my shoes. Dammit, I found them. SIGH! Okay, yeah yeah yeah, Tony, take your tip of the day and insert it in a highly private place. I did 10 minutes and I am really not wanting to do this; I think I will stop. Crap, why didn't I stop BEFORE the "Mary Katherine's"? Danny's right, that skinny dude in the back needs to be shoved up the same place that Tony's tip of the day went... If you stop, Anne, you will have to tell EVERYONE that you wussed out and stopped and were totally sorry. Well... Truly, I mean, maybe this will be one that no one reads... You have been pretty lax lately with posting. Maybe no one cares any more. Yeah, well, I CARE ANY MORE! I'm not going to be sitting here, 48 days from now, WISHING I had finished this. Yeah, I wish I could see more dramatic results, but hell, I didn't get my body into this condition in 40 something days, so why should it be magically transformed in 40 something days? I'm on the right path, I just need to keep pushing for that next milestone. Oh, thank the good Lord, it's time to cool down!"

I pushed through when the only thing I wanted to do was stay in my jammies and watch "That 70's Sow" from the comfort of my bed. I am feeling bogged down. I feel like my gung-ho attitude about doing this program just fell off completely. I attribute some of it to the fact that I still feel like crap. Stuffy, coughing, etc. I know it is probably taking me longer to get over my cold because my body is still trying to repair all the damage I am doing by working out, but logic doesn't yell as loud as the voice in my head telling me that the couch might float away if I don't plant my butt on it. I am finding solace in the fact that I am still putting one foot in front of the other and then jumping it back and then front and then back and then front.... Damn Mary Katherine lunges.....

2 comments:

  1. You are doing great! And there is nothing wrong with having a day where you are a bit off... I am sure you will be back on your game once you feel better!

    ReplyDelete