Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Battle of Wills

Tonight, my inner lazy-ass and my inner i-don't-want-to-be-a-lazy-ass got into an enormous fight. It was an epic battle, a clash of their wills.
My inner lazy-ass said, "Dammit, I have been slammed all week at work, haven't even had time to come home for lunch, I chased the kids around, played with them, and bathed them. Now I want MY time to lay on the couch and watch something mindless."
In response to that, my inner I-don't-want-to-be-a-lazy-ass said, "Listen, I get it. I was there too! I was right there with you last night while Audrey was awake coughing. I was right there with you while you spent all day in front of your computer moving 100mph. I get it. But I want to stop averting my eyes when I walk in front of a mirror, pretending I didn't see what I knew was in there... I want to wear shorts and tank tops and feel comfortable and not like everyone around me is wondering what possessed me to leave the house in that. I want to get in shape!"
So, on went Kenpo X and out came the beads of sweat and the shortness of breath and the inner lazy-ass got quiet. For 10 minutes. The two of them went back and forth and back and forth and looked at the time remaining on the work out and said, "We could stop now!" and "There is only 15 minutes left; we have to keep going!". The inner I-don't-want-to-be-a-lazy-ass won because the real me would have been so disappointed in myself that it wouldn't have been the visible cellulite and flab that made me not want to look in the mirror.
While I did tweak my back a bit (got fatigued and stopped keeping my core tight) and had to modify a little bit, I still completed the entire workout and that puts me one day closer to being done. I am feeling major results in my muscles. My legs (minus the inner thigh that seems to remain just in case I get lost in a blizzard and need some extra fat) are solid, I mean, suuuuuuper firm... My arms have toned up a lot and both my triceps and biceps have come a long way. My chest and back are noticeably changing and I can feel some major improvements in my core and buns. It is so disheartening to me that my stomach (and I am sorry for the TMI here, but...) is so stretched out from having kids and gaining so much weight that it folds over. This is not anything that is going to tighten up and go away. This stuff is here to stay until I can afford a tummy tuck and I hate it because I would be able to do so much more if this stuff wasn't there! So, until that gets taken care of, I am never going to be as excited about my progress as I would like to be, but I am still going strong and I am still going to finish this thing up. :) Monday, I will be on day 45... Half way thru P90X! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment